VisitEngland – Fire Risk Assessment
|Address of Property Assessed:||Galleon House 3 Fore St Calstock PL18 9RN Cornwall|
|Person Undertaking the Assessment – Name:||Lorraine Barratt|
|Date of Assessment:||01.05.2020|
Fire Risk Assessment
Step 1 – Identify Fire Hazards and Fire Risks.
1.1 Sources of ignition
- a) Electrical – wiring and appliances
Totally rewired 2017
- b) Cooking – especially deep-fat frying
Electric cooker no fat fryer
- c) Smoking
- d) Candles
Occasional use in holders
- e) Heaters and boilers
Gas central heating and gas heated hot water on demand. The certification is up-to-date and assessed annually.
- f) Open fires
Wood burning Hetas approved stove with protective casing and door. The certification is up-to-date and assessed annually.
- g) Others
1.2. Fuel present
Gas canisters stored outside in shed
Logs stored inside, away from wood burning stove.
- h) Elements of structure
Cornish stone, bricks
- i) Furniture and furnishings
Fire retardant soft furnishings
- j) Domestic waste
- k) Other items – e.g. petrol for lawnmowers, cleaning materials etc
Cleaning materials stored under the kitchen sink
1.3. Activities that might cause a fire, including work processes/procedures etc.
Step 2 – Identify Persons at Risk.
2.1 Number of guests
Maximum of 8 guests
2.2. Number of staff/employees
Step 3 – Evaluate the Risks.
3.1. Means of escape
- a) Detail the type of property:
180 year old terraced Cornish Cottage
- b) Detail the number of exit doors and where they are:
Two exit doors both located on the ground floor at the front and back of the property.
3.2. The fire alarm and fire detection
- c) Describe what fire alarm and fire detectors have been provided:
Smoke alarms installed in each room throughout the house and in hallways. All doors are fire doors. The open plan lounge on the ground floor has a sprinkler system.
3.3. Fire fighting equipment
- d) Detail what fire extinguishers/blankets are provided and where they are.
Fire blanket in kitchen under the sink. The open plan lounge on the ground floor has a sprinkler system.
3.4. Escape lighting
- e) Detail areas covered by emergency lighting (if any):
3.5. Evacuation procedure
- f) Describe the evacuation procedures
In case of fire close all doors, exit and call 999
Created: 1 May 2020
3 Fore Street